Frequently Asked Questions


How do I check my pay?

Go here:

If you have never registered, your employee ID number is your social security number. When you receive the confirmation email you will need to click on the link to complete the registration.

Once you get logged in you can access your check stubs and W-2's.


How do I renew my certification?

Here are the things you must do to renew your certification. 

  • Get a Background check at Jasper Police Department. It costs $55. You must schedule the appointment. Call them at 706-692-9110 to schedule. 
  • Go to your MyPSC account and complete the "Personal Affirmations" (If you don't have a MyPSC account, go and create one) 


How do I upgrade my certification?

Here is what you need to do:

  1. Go to your MyPSC account , click "Application" and fill out the online application.
  2. The PSC must receive your transcript from the school. It cannot come from you directly. 
  3. Do not pay the $20 fee – we will do the employer assurance for our employees to eliminate that cost.

Check your certificate every few days after you do it until it is updated. You will be paid the upgrade from the date that appears on your certificate.


Do paraprofessionals need a PSC certification?

YES. All Georgia Paraprofessionals must hold a valid state license issued by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC). Georgia educators who hold a valid professional certificate may serve as Paraprofessionals without holding a specific Paraprofessional license.

In addition to employment, the applicant must meet one of the following qualifications:


How much leave do I earn and when can I take it?

240 Day or 260 Day Employees:
Sick/Personal: 1.25 days/month = 15 days/year and 3 of those are considered personal days until the unused days convert to sick at year end.
Vacation: 0-10 Years: earns 0.83 days/month = 10 days/year, 10+ Years: earns 1.25 days/month = 15 days/year, 20+ Years: earns 1.67 days/month = 20 days/year (must have completed 10/20 full years before moving to next step year)

Teachers, Paras, Bus Drivers, Clerical that are not 240 days:
Sick/Personal: 1.25 days/month = 12.5 days/year and 3 of these are considered personal days until the unused days convert to sick at year end. Any employee less than 240 days do not earn vacation time.

More Questions?
Contact Alex Prince, HR Generalist  706.299.2934