Public Participation at Meetings of the Board of Education
Individuals desiring to address the Board at a regular monthly meeting of the Board of Education must adhere to the following policy of the Pickens County Board of Education.
Policy BCBI: Public Participation in Board Meetings Pickens County Schools
Original Adopted Date: 11/01/1994 | Last Revised Date: 05/06/2004 | Last Reviewed Date: 07/01/2021 | Status: ADOPTED
Meetings of the Board of Education are structured to allow the Board to conduct its public business. Meetings of the Board are open to the public but are not to be confused with public forums. When time permits, the Board of Education as a matter of general operating procedure offers an opportunity for legal residents of Pickens County to address the Board in open session. The following rules shall be adhered to:
- A citizen must request to appear before the Board in writing, either by completing and submitting the form or sending an email to the administrative assistant o the superintendent, no later than 6 p.m. on the day before the regularly scheduled monthly meeting of the Board.
Please click this button to download a Public Participation Request Form..
- The form is available on the district's webpage. If you choose to send an email, it should include the same information as the form: citizen's first and last name, address of residence, telephone number, valid email address, concerns to be addressed, and objective for speaking. If the individual is speaking on behalf of a group, the group name should also be specified.
- Subject to the discretion of the Chair, as referenced in Policy BCBI, citizens will be given five minutes to make their comments. Citizens may submit additional concerns in writing to the members of the board.
- The Board will not permit anyone to become personally abusive of individual board members or board employees.
- The Board will not respond to comments or questions posed by citizens in their presentations but will take those comments and questions under advisement.
Pickens County Schools
Date Adopted: 11/01/1994
Last Revised: 05/06/2004
State Reference: O.C.G.A 16-11-0034